Say opa! at Greek Fest, see a site-specific light and sound performance at Rice University, test your ’80s trivia knowledge, see a dance or theatrical performance, see your favorite artist(s) in concert and more.
Check below to find great things happening around Houston this weekend, from Thursday, May 18 through Sunday, May 21, 2017.
Things to Do All Weekend
· You Can’t Take It With You at A.D. Players Theater | Daily – Laugh all the way through this hilarious play that shows what happens when a woman’s snooty, soon-to-be in-laws to dinner with her eccentric parents. Tickets start at $15, but limited discounted tickets start at $7.50. Showtimes vary.
· Lobby Hero at Studio 101 | Daily – 4th Wall Theatre Company presents this acclaimed “dramedy” that sees tensions in a New York apartment building rise amid a murder investigation that will strain loyalties of all involved. Tickets start at $15. Showtimes vary.
· Front Porch Society at the Ensemble Theatre | Daily – See the world premiere of this play that examines what happens to four elderly women in rural Mississippi on the eve of the country electing its first black president. Tickets start at $23. Showtimes vary.
· Fun Home at The Hobby Center | Daily – TUTS presents the Tony Award-winning musical Fun Home, based on Alison Bechdel’s best-selling graphic memoir, which explores the relationships within a family, for mature audiences only at The Hobby Center. Tickets start at $38.50 but you may find limited discounted tickets starting at $36.90. Showtimes vary.
· 8th Wonder Beer & Pizza Pairing at Your Pie in Downtown | Thursday to Saturday – Raise your glass(es) to American Craft Beer Week at a special dinner pairing matching 8th Wonder brews to tasty pizza slices. $20. 6pm to 11pm nightly.
· Eventi Verticali at Discovery Green | Friday and Saturday –Performance group Eventi Verticali will dance, jump, and run as they’re suspended on ropes, supported by harnesses, and accompanied by music and special lighting. 9pm to 10pm both nights.
· The Elixir of Love at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday and Saturday | FREE – Watch the hilarious opera The Elixir of Love, which will be performed by Houston Grand Opera in Italian with projected English translation, under the stars at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8pm nightly.
· Houston Greek Fest at St. Basil The Great Greek Orthodox Church | Friday to Sunday – Say “opa!” with thousands of other festival-goers at Greek Fest where you’ll nosh on authentic dishes, shop goods from vendors, tour the church, let the kids play, watch cultural dances and more. $5. Times vary.
· Houston Astros vs. Cleveland Indians at Minute Maid Park | Friday to Sunday – Get loud for the ‘Stros when they take the field to play Cleveland in this three-game series at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Times vary.
· Pasadena Strawberry Festival | Friday to Sunday – Witness the world’s largest strawberry shortcake, tap your feet to live country music, let the little ones venture into the Kids Zone, check out the BBQ Cookoff and more at this family-friendly festival. Tickets start at $5. Friday 3pm to midnight; Saturday 10am to midnight; Sunday 10am to 6pm.
· Minefaire: A Minecraft Fan Experience at NRG Center | Saturday and Sunday – Immerse yourself in the world of Minecraft at this two-day exhibit where you’ll meet YouTubers, participate in build battles, attempt world records, learn from the world’s top Minecraft experts and more. Tickets start at $79, not including ticket fees. 10am to 5pm both days.
Whether you’re into gaming adventure, baseball, the arts or are a big foodie, there are a ton of things to do this weekend. Come see me at Goldwiser with your old jewelry and let’s get some extra cash for your adventure! Located at 24910 Kuykendahl Rd., Tomball, TX 77375 and open Monday through Saturday 10 am to 7 pm. Opa!