Although we are in the middle of the weekend, there’s still plenty to do here in Houston and the weather is perfect for it! Check these great things out!
Things to Do All Weekend (May
· May the Fourth Be With You Events Around Houston | Thursday to Sunday – Show some love for Star Wars at trivia nights, comedy shows, concerts, and costume parties inspired by the film happening all over the city. Hours vary.
· Wild West Brew Fest in Katy | Friday and Saturday – Kick off the festivities at the Launch Party on Friday night and keep the party going all weekend while you check out more than 500 types of beers from over 80 breweries at Wild West Brew Fest. The festival will take place at Hop House at Katy Mills Mall. Tickets start at $25, not including ticket fees. Hours vary.
· Cinco de Mayo Celebrations, Parties, Parades & Fiestas | Friday to Sunday – Check out our 17 favorite Cinco de Mayo celebrations in Houston in 2017, with options for all ages and interests. Hours vary.
· Galveston Island Food & Wine Festival at Galveston Island Convention Center | Friday to Sunday – Wine and dine at this annual event featuring a champagne brunch, food and wine sampling events, a 5k champagne run, blind tasting and more. Tickets start at $98, not including ticket fees. Hours vary.
· Bernie’s Backyard Crawfish Festival at Bernie’s Backyard | Friday to Sunday – Head to Spring for this family-friendly crawfish festival featuring face painting, live music, cold brews, shaved ice, a playground, and lots of crawfish. Hours vary.
· Cinco de Mayo Weekend at El Big Bad | Friday to Sunday – Party all weekend at El Big Bad where they’ll be serving liquid nitrogen margaritas and you can sample tequila, try their new taco menu, enjoy music from a DJ, and shop goods at a pop-up market. Tickets start at $10. Hours vary.
· Little Shop of Horrors at EaDo Playhouse | Friday to Sunday – Catch a production of the 1980s musical Little Shop of Horrors, playing at EaDo Playhouse. $25; limited discounted $12.50 tickets available. 8pm nightly.
· Star Wars Art Festival at The Space HTX | Saturday and Sunday – May the force be with you as you browse a selection of Star Wars-themed artwork by artists near and far, far away curated by Dandee Warhol. Costumes encouraged. Tickets start at $6. Noon to 6pm both days.
· Texas Vintage Festival at Humble Civic Center & Arena Complex | Saturday and Sunday – Shop for antiques, collectibles, home decor, and vintage pieces from local vendors at this two-day event at the Humble Civic Center. $3. 10am to 5pm both days.
· Japan Festival at Hermann Park | Saturday and Sunday – Celebrate Japanese culture through dance, food, music, and activities at this festival in Hermann Park. Hours vary.
If none of this interests you, just come see me at Goldwiser and bring your old jewelry! You may be surprised at how much it’s worth! I’m open Monday through Saturday 10 am to 7 pm and located at 24910 Kuykendahl Rd., Tomball, TX 77375. Please like my Facebook page.