Get out, do good, make a difference, and let your hair down during a very-different-than-expected Labor Day Weekend in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.
It’s been a hell of a week. But now Houston’s mobilized, helping others, letting go of stress, and showing the country what fine stuff we’re made of.
Although there a number of previously scheduled events and shows continuing, you’ll find this weekend is packed with chances to help, donate, and enjoy some clear skies and shed stress to boot.
Saturday, September 2, 2017
- Hurricane Harvey Fundraiser at Town in City Brew Co. in The Heights – Pay what you want for beers, all money will go to support victims of Harvey. DJ Ferment and the Good Dog food truck will also be on hand. Supplies and donations are encouraged. 10am to midnight.
- First Saturday Arts Market in The Heights | FREE– The monthly market featuring fine art, eclectic good, free live music, and food truck bites returns to the Heights following Harvey. 11am to 6pm.
- Last Saturdaze & Donations Drive at Top Vintage in Southeast Houston– Bring donations for Harvey victims, and shop for some of your own finds at an afternoon market and relief supply drive. Live music starts at 2pm. Noon to 6pm.
- #FUHarvey Party at Presidio HTX | No Cover – The Presidio HTX bar hosts a party where you can donate items for Hurricane Harvey victims and receive a free lone star beer. Stick around and enjoy a concert with local acts like Dollie Barnes, Vodi, John Egan and many more. Noon.
- F*** Harvey: Let’s Party for a Cause Event at The Tasting Room– Live it up in Uptown Park with live music, gourmet bites, and tasty wines. 25% of ticket sales will go to the JJ Watt Houston Flood Relief Fund. $40. 1pm to 4pm.
- Labor Day Weekend Day Party at Capitol Bar– The party is still on. Chow down on spicy crawfish, wash ‘em down with cold Bud Light and dance to beats from local DJs at Midtown’s Capitol Bar. Tickets start at $20. 2pm to 8pm.
- Hurricane Harvey Charity Poker Event at The Concert Pub North– Play Texas Hold’em and help Harvey victims. Top players will receive cash prizes and the rest of the pot will go to support local charities. 2:30pm to 7pm.
- Beaumont Needs Us: Benefit #1 at Sterling House in Montrose– All proceeds, donations, and bar sales will be donated to a reputable charity assisting relief efforts in Beaumont. 6pm to 9pm.
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Concert at Southern Goods– Catch live sets from local singer-songwriters Michael Anthony Shanks, Serenity Fisher, and Michael G. Ronstadt. All proceeds will go to Harvey relief efforts. Cover has yet to be determined.
- Benefit for Hurricane Harvey Relief at Dogwood Houston | No Cover –Dogwood Houston hosts a benefit for the victims of the hurricane where you can enjoy raffles, a silent auction, the Bama game at 7pm, drinks and more. Proceeds from any Deep Eddy Vodka drink ordered will also go towards the fund. 7pm to 9pm.
- Dial Up: ’90s Dance Party at The Secret Group| No Cover – Dance all your tension and frustration away to your favorite hits from the ‘90s at The Secret Group in EaDo, a block behind the George R. Brown Convention Center. 10pm.
- AkiraMovie Screening at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park – Escape into the classic 1988 Japanese animated science fiction film directed by Katsuhiro Otomo. $10. 10pm.
- The Late Show at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Go back to the 1920s when the Moonlight Dolls take the stage at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar for this tastefully suggestive performance. $40. 11:30pm.
Sunday, September 3, 2017
- Hope From The Heights: A Harvey Relief Benefit at Eureka Heights Brew Co | No Cover – Wokker Food Truck and Eureka Heights Brew Co are partnering together to host a Harvey Relief Benefit. Enjoy for local food, brews, and live music all while helping out the victims of the storm. All proceeds will go to those affected by the hurricane. Noon to 8pm.
- End of Summer Labor Day Party at The Ginger Man– Live it up at The Ginger Man in Rice Village where they’re hosting a party with live music, a food truck, backyard games, and beer from Sweetwater Brewing. 1pm to 2am.
- Charity Live Art Show at Honey Art Cafe– Watch local artists create works of art right before your eyes at this event at Honey Art Cafe. If you like what you see, you can make a donation of $20 to The Pink Giraffe House and take one of the pieces home with you. 2pm to 5pm.
- 13th Anniversary Party & Donation Drive at Poison Girl– Celebrate Poison Girl’s 13th Anniversary with a concert featuring local indie band Young Mammals, TeeVee, Body Fat, and more. Bring a donation (or 13) to help Harvey victims. 4pm.
- Hurricane Harvey Fundraising Party at Platypus Brewing on Washington Ave – Catch live music from The Motion and donate to the victims of Hurricane Harvey, with 10% of each beer purchased going to local charities. 5pm.
- Together We Are Houston: A Benefit Event at Stereo Live– Enjoy a Sunday night dance party with multiple DJs to benefit the victims of Hurricane Harvey. Donations of clothing, diapers and food will be accepted. All ticket proceeds will benefit the Houston Food Bank & The 100 Club. $10 at the door. 5pm to 10pm.
- Lost in TranslationMovie Screening at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park – Escape into the cool air of the Alamo Drafthouse for this beloved 2004 film directed by Sophia Coppola and starring Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson. $10. 6pm.
- Texas Strong Fundraiser at Big Texas Dance Hall & Saloon– Enjoy $2.75 Texas products all evening long. $5 cover goes to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. 7pm.
- Disco For A Cause Flood Benefit at The Flat– Dance to disco on this Labor Day with special guest disc jockeys Amanda Robinson, Bjorn Larsen, JJ Santiago, Dj.melodic, and BearBear Linh, as well as The Flat’s resident DJs. Donations of donations of clothing, toiletries, toys, and food are encouraged. 9pm.
Labor Day, Monday, September 4, 2017
- Margarita Mondays at El Big Bad– Close out the final day of your holiday weekend with half off margaritas at the popular Downtown margarita bar by Market Square Park. 4pm.
- The Anti-Harvey Pillow Fort Party and Donation Event at Ninja Ramen– Bring your sheets, pillows, blankets, and towels and build your dream fort at this pillow party for grownups (No, not that kind of pillow party). All pillow fort “building materials” will be gathered at the end of the event and donated to those in need. 7pm to 2am.
- Labor Day Vibe & Ride in 3rd Ward– Bring your own bike to the 3rd Ward and take off with the group to ride around and jam to Beyonce music. $6. 7pm to 10pm.